Pages

Saturday 16 November 2019

Mythics in philippines

14th. Nov. 2019


Bakunawa


Bakunawa is a serpent-like dragon in Philippine mythology. People in the Philippines  believed to be the cause of eclipses, earthquakes, rains, and wind. The movements of the bakunawa are served as a geomantic calendar system for ancient Filipinos and were part of the shamanistic rituals of the Babylan.  It actually appears as a giant sea serpent with a mouth the size of a lake, whiskers, gills, a red tongue, small wires at the sides, and yet has two wings (so that it will fly), and ash-gray. I notice that not just every people in our country believes this myth and some people don't know who is this scary or whatever in the Philippines. I mean the reasons why people might not believe this myth just because he flies and also he eats moon doesn't mean it's not real. For me, it's really scared to look at it. Anyways, It is what it is to someone who really believes in myth.


Image result for bakunawa


Image result for gif spooky fire transparentImage result for gif spooky fire transparent



1 comment:

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.