Pages

Sunday 20 October 2019

Maori gods

18th oct. 2019


ranginui- The sky father, was torn away from Papatūānuku, the earth mother, and formed the vault of the heavens.
papatuanuku- The sky father and the earth mother who lie locked together in a tight embrace.
tawhirimatea- In Māori mythology, Tāwhirimātea (or Tāwhiri) is the god of weather, including thunder and lightning, wind, clouds, and storms.
tahe mahuta- Also called Lord of the Forest, is a giant kauri tree (Agathis australis) in the Waipoua Forest of Northland Region, New Zealand. Its age is unknown but is estimated to be between 1,250 and 2,500 years.
tangaroa- is one of the great gods, the god of the sea. He is a son of Ranginui and Papatūānuku, Sky and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.