Pages

Friday 20 March 2020

Camera movements

17th Mar. 2019


1. Video

Point to discuss:

What are the purposes of the whip pan and the slow pan?
The pan can be a fast-paced whip pan. It's the equivalent of quickly turning to see something and it creates a jolt of energy. Conversely, the slow pan gives us time to take in the landscape.

What is the purpose of the tilt shot? Tilt often reveals something to us, suddenly redirecting attention.

What does the reverse dolly zoom help show? To show a character having an intense internal experience.

What the difference between a Steadicam and a dolly shot?  
The steadicam- It gracefully glides within the space.
The dolly shot- It creates a different type of visual experience than the zoom or pan.

What can the hand-held shot help create for the viewer?  The handheld shot moves the camera through the space much like the steadicam or gimble, but also has a roar, shaky feeling that creates more anxiety to a viewer.

What should directors ask themselves with their camera movement?
How will the viewers gonna reacts to this

Camera movement should be doing what?
Letting the viewers show what happening in the story/movie.





1 comment:

  1. Henry - please paste your work on your blog properly. I can show you how if you don't know how to do it. I look forward to seeing the rest of your film aspects work!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.