Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Film color

Here's the video clip: https://youtu.be/lINVnA3rVIE

Points to discuss:

How does colour in film affect people? Color elicit emotions, and have a psychological
effect on people.

What are the 3 factors in determining colour?  HUE, saturation and brightness

Why is the hue in ‘The Matrix’ mostly green?  The movie takes place inside of
a digital Matrix and they associate green with code. Plus the green and the matrix
has a certain sickly quality to it, reflecting the overall state of affairs in that world.

Why do some films desaturate? They use it when the scenes are
cold, rude and gritty the look of the scenes. It has a deeply desaturating effect.


What can brightness and a lack of brightness show in a film? It shows how the tone
in the film is going based on the scene and somehow colors contrast brightness when
it shows positive or negative mood like dark show lonely or sad scene whereas light
shows happiness and good vibes.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Henry,
    Thanks for sharing your work. I like that you have included a link to the film so that I know what you are describing. Do you know of any other movies that have a green hue?
    It is pretty interesting how these effects change the way we interpret different scenes. I often notice the music in films but rarely notice the light change. Can you think of another film that uses light in an obvious way to create a mood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not rlly,, but thx

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.