Pages

Sunday 22 March 2020

Film blocking

Here's the video clip: https://youtu.be/9AGaECt9j4g

Points to discuss:


What are the 3 ways directors use blocking in film? space, shapes and line.

What are the 3 basic shapes for film blocking? Circle,triangle and square.

What are the emotions associated with these shapes?
Cirle- Feels safer and inclusive
Square- Create limited space boxing someone in.
Triangles- Are sharp and they feel aggressive but it also have an apex.

What two things can blocking help with? Choreography dance and ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.