Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

Insert shot

Here's the video clip: https://youtu.be/rR6C2YDqdgg

Points to discuss:

What is an insert shot? An insert shot is an isolated shot that focuses on a specific
detail within a scene.

What is the purpose of an insert shot? To communicate crucial narrative information
like a gun being pulled back.

What are the 3 main aspects of the insert shot? Communicate, set of object
and notice.

What 3 things help the audience feel about the insert shot? 
Composition, color and timing.

Composition of the insert shot helps with what in a film?  Camera movement, shot size
and shot angle.

Colour in the insert shot helps with what in film? Use the basic principles of colors to draw attention
to specific points within your insert shots.

How long you dwell on the insert shot helps show what?
They show close-ups to show the viewers the specific scene. To create the importance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.